This position operates various types of transit buses in revenue and non revenue service. Bus service is provided to the community 365 days a year 24 hours a day.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates various types of transit buses in accord with Travis Transit Management, Inc. policies, directives and procedures and in compliance with Federal and Texas laws and regulations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current bus routes and stops within the service area as well as the current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner at all times, while working in a diverse environment, assuring a professional quality of service to all external and internal customers. This includes properly answering questions and solving transit related concerns of customers.
- Provides assistance to disabled customers, including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, safely securing wheelchairs and announcing stops.
- Inspects assigned transit bus for mechanical problems. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices and transit bus controls for use while in service.
- Completes reports accurately and legibly.
- Performs various physical duties to successfully complete job responsibilities. These can include but are not limited to, boarding and deboarding transit buses, operating the wheelchair lift/ramp, assisting mobility impaired passengers board or deboard transit buses, securing wheelchairs using a 4 tie down restraint system, lifting the bike rack, lifting baggage compartment doors as may be required.
Education and Experience
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and have a minimum of five (5) years driving experience.
- Verification of High school education or general education (GED) is required. Completion of 10th grade and 2 years of public transit experience may be a substitution for the education requirement. Applicants who are unable to verify educational requirements will be required to take and pass a literacy assessment.
- Must demonstrate a stable work history. Applicants should be prepared to provide pay stubs and/or W2 statements in cases where previous employment can not be otherwise verified.
- Obtain a Class B Learner’s permit and pass the following 5 written portions of the Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) test by the date of hire: General Knowledge, Transporting Passenger, Air Brakes, Special Requirements, and Pre-Trip written test.
- Driving records must not reflect more than 2 moving violations, 2 at fault accidents, or 2 ”No Liability Insurance” violations in the past 5 years.
- No conviction or deferred adjudication for a serious traffic violation (i.e. DWI, driving with a suspended license, etc.) in the past seven (7) years; and no more than 2 DWI/DUI convictions in a lifetime.
- Any more than one driving safety course taken for a moving violation that appears on a five (5) year driving record will be treated as a moving violation and will count against your record.
Criminal Background Record
No conviction or deferred adjudication for a felony, or a Class A or B misdemeanor within the last seven (7) years. Convictions or deferred adjudications for Class C misdemeanors will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Convictions or deferred adjudications for a felony or misdemeanor outside the last seven (7) years will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Pass pre-employment screening (DOT physical) which includes drug and alcohol screen, physical examination and agility test, in order to operate CMTA vehicles.
SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
This position is identified as a safety-sensitive position. An employee in this position is required to participate in the testing program for prohibited substances. Participation in this program is a condition of employment. A safety-sensitive employee is subject to random testing for prohibited drug use or alcohol use.
Travis Transit Management, Inc. (TTMI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see “EEO is the Law”.
Travis Transit Management, Inc. (TTMI) is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.