Responsible for serving as crew leader; supervise and schedule crew’s work; e.g., troubleshooting, repairing, installing and maintaining MEP equipment and in the repair and maintenance of buildings and facilities, including maintenance shop and administrative offices; receive written and oral work orders from client/company management. Supervise; assign and schedule pm/corrective and QA work of crew members; provide daily field supervision and checks work of crew members; ensure work is completed as directed; perform daily field supervision; perform periodic inspection of all sites (all shifts) to ensure maintenance standards are met. Note: Facility operates 24/7. As such, successful applicant is on call after hours and on weekends for problems and emergencies.; responsible for training and evaluating crew members and assists in hiring, discipline;; ordering parts, materials, supplies and equipment;; oversee work of contractors;; ensure appropriate safety practices are followed; make recommendations for annual operating and capital budget regarding replacements, repairs, and upgrades; maintain a list of MEP related equipment; schedule preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance Note: Periodically, this position may require working other shifts to check/inspect work of employees and contractors.
- Schedules, plans, and manages building maintenance technicians (2 shifts).
- Hires, trains, evaluates, counsels, and disciplines employees as required.
- Oversees all equipment, buildings, parking and climate controls for Capital Metro/Travis Transit Management, including inspections and repair of equipment.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance programs on all equipment.
- Ensures safe working environment for employees and visitors.
- Maintains OSHA, EPA, federal, state and local regulations as they apply to the facility, including water processes, industrial waste and hazardous waste.
- Budgets, implements, and tracks multi-projects to enhance the quality of service to related customers.
- Plans, develops and implements building preventive maintenance programs on all equipment.
- Manages all outside contracts for service, repairs, and equipment as it relates to each team or customer needs.
- Responsible for ordering tracking and expediting all parts, making signs and for requesting extensions on correctives and quality assurance work orders.
- Meet all contract requirements regarding facilities maintenance at 2 locations.
- Regular work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday, (8AM-5PM).
- Available 24 hours per day/7 days per week.
Education and Experience
- Minimum High school diploma or GED required. Degree preferred
- Six (6) years of building/facility maintenance, industrial, technical, electrical and equipment experience.
- Two (2) years of lead or supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of industrial maintenance activities, including planning and scheduling using an automated asset management system.
- Working knowledge of pumps, air compressors, hydraulics and pneumatics, measurement and mechanical calculations (Journeyman Millwright/Welder will substitute for above experience in the industrial field).
SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
This position is identified as a safety-sensitive position. An employee in this position is required to participate in the Employer’s testing program for prohibited substances. Participation in this program is a condition of employment. A safety-sensitive employee is subject to random testing for prohibited drug use or alcohol use.