This position will troubleshoot, service, adjust, and repair all components of the Capital Metro Fleet. Shift work including nights, holidays and weekends is required. Class 3 is the entry level classification for the Mechanic position. Mechanics will advance by demonstrating ability as evidenced by certification in various modules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Service and Repair of:
- Gas and diesel engines
- Electronically controlled engine and brake systems
- Vehicle electrical systems
- Automatic transmissions
- Air and hydraulic brake systems
- Air conditioning and heating systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Prefer a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years verifiable work-related experience in Automotive, Heavy Duty Truck or Bus Mechanic Maintenance.
- Prefer ASE certification but not required.
- Education may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience.
- Must have held a valid drivers license for at least the past 3 years. The only exception is for a one-time license suspension for a No Liability Insurance citation that was less than one calendar month in duration.
- Must have a valid Texas Drivers License, Class A or B CDL with passenger endorsement or be able to obtain Class B permit by date of hire.
- Must provide DD214 long form (if veteran).
- Driving records must not reflect more than 2 moving violations, 2 at fault accidents, or 2 ”No Liability Insurance” violations in the past 5 years.
- No conviction or deferred adjudication for a serious traffic violation (i.e. DWI, driving with a suspended license, etc.) in the past seven (7) years; and no more than 2 DWI/DUI convictions in a lifetime.
- Any more than one driving safety course taken for a moving violation that appears on a five (5) year driving record will be treated as a moving violation and will count against your record.Pending actions will be counted against the driving record until proof of resolution is provided. Note: Patterns of moving violations, accidents and/or other infractions may also disqualify an applicant.
Criminal Background Record
No conviction or deferred adjudication for a felony, or a Class A or B misdemeanor within the last seven (7) years. Convictions or deferred adjudications for Class C misdemeanors will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Convictions or deferred adjudications for a felony or misdemeanor outside the last seven (7) years will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Pass pre-employment screening (DOT physical) which includes drug and alcohol screen, physical examination and agility test, in order to operate CMTA vehicles.
Four (4) years work-related experience in Automotive, Heavy Duty Truck or Bus Mechanic maintenance.
SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
This position is identified as a safety-sensitive position. An employee in this position is required to participate in the testing program for prohibited substances. Participation in this program is a condition of employment. A safety-sensitive employee is subject to random testing for prohibited drug use or alcohol use.
Travis Transit Management, Inc. (TTMI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see “EEO is the Law”.
Travis Transit Management, Inc. (TTMI) is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.