Sustains shop area cleanliness by correctly disposing of refuse and debris; cleaning shop floors; operating a floor scrubber; using a shop “spill kit” when necessary; properly storing hazardous materials such as cleaning solvents; and storing equipment in a proper location in order to ensure that the work area is safe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the shop in a constant state of cleanliness
- Pick up and dispose of trash
- Quickly identifies and disposes liquid spills
- Stores loose equipment and tools
- Must be able to sweep, shovel, or vacuum loose debris or salvageable scrap into containers and remove containers from work areas
- Transport materials, equipment, or supplies to or from work areas, using vehicles, forklifts, carts, or hoists
- Occasionally required to park a variety of vehicles from a 45’ bus to a passenger car
- Must be able to work in an industrial environment in all weather conditions
- Works various shifts and days as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Prefer high school diploma or equivalent
- Must speak, read, and write English
- Must have strong attention to verbal commands
- Prior cleaning or janitorial experience in a shop atmosphere preferred but not required
- Prior vehicle service or maintenance experience preferred but not required
- Must have held a valid drivers license for at least the past 3 years
- Must demonstrate a stable work history.
- Driving records must not reflect more than 2 moving violations, 2 at fault accidents, or 2 ”No Liability Insurance” violations in the past 5 years.
- No conviction or deferred adjudication for a serious traffic violation (i.e. DWI, driving with a suspended license, etc.) in the past seven (7) years; and no more than 2 DWI/DUI convictions in a lifetime.
- Any more than one driving safety course taken for a moving violation that appears on a five (5) year driving record will be treated as a moving violation and will count against your record. Pending actions will be counted against the driving record until proof of resolution is provided. Note: Patterns of moving violations, accidents and/or other infractions may also disqualify an applicant.
Criminal Background Record·
- No conviction or deferred adjudication for a felony, or a Class A or B misdemeanor within the last seven (7) years. Convictions or deferred adjudications for Class C misdemeanors will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Convictions or deferred adjudications for a felony or misdemeanor outside the last seven (7) years will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Pass pre-employment screening (DOT physical) which includes drug and alcohol screen, physical examination and agility test, in order to operate CMTA vehicles. Prefer prior vehicle service or maintenance skills.
Prefer prior vehicle service or maintenance skills.
SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
This position is identified as a safety-sensitive position. An employee in this position is required to participate in the Employer’s testing program for prohibited substances. Participation in this program is a condition of employment with Travis Transit Management. A safety-sensitive employee is randomly tested for prohibited drug use or alcohol misuse while the employee is performing safety-sensitive functions; just before the employee is to perform safety sensitive functions; or just after the employee has ceased performing such functions.
Travis Transit Management, Inc. (TTMI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see “EEO is the Law”.
Travis Transit Management, Inc. (TTMI) is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com.