- Inspect bus equipment, and monitor processes and work performed for compliance with federal regulations, contract specifications, and maintenance standards.
- Inspect and test repairs performed and parts received, give feedback, develop quality assurance and control guidelines and standards in cooperation with participating employees.
- Maintain a file system to monitor status and track improvement of overall fleet maintenance.
- Provide assistance and support to supervisors, mechanics, service island employees, parts room, warranty staff etc. to troubleshoot, diagnosis, analyze, overhaul, repair, service and maintain equipment with a focus to prevent and solve problems
- Test drives equipment.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED. Coursework in heavy-duty vehicle maintenance theory and repair including body, frame and chassis, axles, steering, brakes, electrical, engines, transmissions, air systems, or other pertinent course work.
- Five (5) years experience in bus or heavy vehicle maintenance repair
- Two (2) years at a recognized transit or fleet operation.
- Experience in bus or heavy vehicle inspection preferred.
- Experience in operating various types of transit buses, performing visual and measured inspections on transit buses.
- Must be able to obtain by hire date a valid Class B CDL Texas Drivers License with a P endorsement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain B/CDL license and to operate transit buses in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to read and interpret technical information related to bus operations and maintenance, to troubleshoot and solve mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, to write objective reports based on observations and inspections.
- Knowledge of transit bus technical systems and of transit and manufacturing safety rules.
- Ability to learn computers to write inspection reports, develop and use spread sheets to track projects, use electronic mail to communicate, and organizer to maintain calendar appointment.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills and ability to give construction feedback to mechanics, service and clearing employees and to maintain relations with vendors.
- Exemplary safety record.
SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
This position is identified as a safety-sensitive position. An employee in this position is required to participate in the Employer’s testing program for prohibited substances. Participation in this program is a condition of employment with Travis Transit Management. A safety-sensitive employee is randomly tested for prohibited drug use or alcohol misuse while the employee is performing safety-sensitive functions; just before the employee is to perform safety sensitive functions; or just after the employee has ceased performing such functions.