Support day-to-day activities of the Travis Transit Management Maintenance Department, ensuring that the fleet is properly maintained and adequate numbers of vehicles are available to provide scheduled and unscheduled transit services.
- Maintaining Maintenance Department reliability, safety, and cleanliness standards to the fleet and facility.
- Providing instructions, teaching, and coaching to support the development of maintenance programs and technicians.
- Meet goals and objectives of the Vehicle Maintenance Department.
- Plan and schedule vehicle maintenance.
- Setup and maintain accurate updated records of vehicle maintenance histories.
- Ensure safety conditions for employees, vehicle operator, passengers and others.
- Develop and improve practices for effective and efficient vehicle maintenance.
- Manage and direct the workforce including managing a bargaining agreement.
- Be available 24 hours days/7 days per week.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College degree or technical school degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years of progressively complex experience as a mechanic on gas or diesel powered vehicles, including engine, power train, air-ride suspension, suspension, air and hydraulic brakes, electrical, air conditioning, hydraulic systems.
- One (1) year lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have a valid Texas Drivers License, Class A or B CDL with Passenger Endorsement or be able to obtain Class B permit by date of hire.
- Driving records must not reflect more than 2 moving violations, 2 at fault accidents, or 2 “No Liability Insurance” violations in the past 5 years.
- No conviction or deferred adjudication for a serious traffic violation (i.e. DWI, driving with a suspended license, etc.) in the past seven (7) years; and no more than 2 DWI/DUI convictions in a lifetime.
- Any more than one driving safety course taken for a moving violation that appears on a five (5) year driving record will be treated as a moving violation and will count against your record. Pending actions will be counted against the driving record until proof of resolution is provided. Note: patterns of moving violations, accidents and/or other infractions may also disqualify an applicant.
Criminal Background Record
- No conviction or deferred adjudication for a felony, or a Class A or B misdemeanor within the last seven (7) years. Conviction or deferred adjudications for Class C misdemeanors will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Convictions or deferred adjudication for a felony or misdemeanor outside the last seven (7) years will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Pass pre-employment screening (DOT physical) which includes drug and alcohol screen, physical examination and agility test, in order to operate CMTA vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills
- Logic control
- Diagnostic systems
SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
- This position is identified as a safety-sensitive position. An employee in this position is required to participate in the Employer’s testing program for prohibited substances. Participation in this program is a condition of employment with Travis Transit Management. A safety-sensitive employee is randomly tested for prohibited drug use or alcohol misuse while the employee is performing safety-sensitive functions; just before the employee is to perform safety sensitive functions; or just after the employee has ceased performing such functions.